Why Choose New Mexico Cancer Center? How Are We Different?
We are a certified Oncology Medical Home, first in the nation and the only one in New Mexico.
As much as are very proud of the certification, we believe that a medical home means much more than being certified.
A medical home means that we are committed to providing you with the services that you need, when you need them, doing as much of that as possible in our outpatient facilities, and coordinating your care with other doctors and services.
A medical home means that we work as a team.
Our medical home offers:
- Same day and after hours appointments.
- Always keeping you as strong and healthy as possible, and functioning at the highest possible level.
- Much lower hospitalization rates, and if you do require hospitalization, we work to keep that stay as short as possible.
- We fight with your insurance company so you don't have to.
- We will help you with co-pays and deductibles. In fact, by keeping you healthy and out of the hospital, our unique model of treatment can save you money on co-pays and out-of-pocket costs.
- Our NMCC Foundation helps qualified patients with non-medical expenses.
- We believe in the concept of Total Medical Care. That includes care that is guided by pathways developed by oncology physicians, not insurance companies, to ensure that every patient gets the scientifically best, most up-to-date, individually tailored care.
- We value collaboration with other leading practices around the country.
- We built our centers in Albuquerque and Gallup from the ground up knowing that many of you are coping with life threatening illnesses, and when you need medical care, in addition to ensuring you are treated with the highest levels of professionalism, we want you to be in a warm, welcoming environment, filled with life, light and beautiful art. Our centers were constructed to also be art galleries, displaying works by artists who are proud to be part of your care.
As your Oncology Medical Home, one of our highest priorities is keeping you healthy and out of the hospital.
If you are feeling ill, don't wait: please call us right away. We will strive to get you seen at NMCC almost immediately, do the necessary examinations and tests, and start appropriate intervention and therapy as quickly as possible. Most of the time, we will send you home feeling better that same day, with follow-up as needed, often daily, until you are better. We do not want you sitting for hours in a hospital emergency room, with delayed intervention, and exposure to hospital environments often filled with bacteria and viruses. We want you at home, with your family, getting the care you need when you need it.