Gallery With A Cause
Featuring works by cancer survivors or artists who have been impacted by cancer in some way.
Open House Reception:
First Friday ARTScrawl
December 1, 2017, 5:30 - 8:30 pm at
New Mexico Cancer Center
- Unframed works for sale, available ONLY at the reception
- Custom ornaments and bookmarks courtesy of The Calligraphy Society, a special fundraiser
- Live Music by “Amor Eterno Mariachi”
- People's Choice Award, to be announced at 8 pm
Please visit the online Gallery With A Cause to see all of the artwork. You may go directly to see a representative piece of each artist's work, with links to the artists' gallery page where all of their work can be viewed with detailed information about each piece, and links to each artist's Bio.
Please stay tuned for this exhibit's Walk and Talk with curator Regina Held and selected artists, who will talk about contemporary art, techniques and the stories behind the artwork.
To protect the privacy of patients, gallery hours are by appointment only. Preferred times are:
Mon - Fri, 8 - 9 am or after 4 pm.
Please call (505) 828-3791 to arrange a private gallery tour, make a purchase, or ask any questions.
Why New Mexico Cancer Center Foundation?
Because in 2016,
- You helped 124 patients with their non-medical needs while being treated.
- You kept patients in their homes by paying 43 months of rent.
- You provided 1,718 meals so patients and their families did not have to go to bed hungry.
- You kept the lights on by paying for 63 months of electricity bills.
- You provided 176 hotel rooms for patients traveling for treatment.
- You kept the water running for patients for 32 months.
- You paid 113 months of care payments to help with transportation.
- You filled 242 tanks of gas to help patients drive to their appointments.
- You provided 76 taxi rides to ensure patients could get their care.
- You paid for 12 months of phone service so patients could communicate with their doctors.
Our 2017 goal: $100,000