Specialized Oncology Pharmacy
Introducing Our Specialized Oncology Pharmacy
Making it Easy to Get the Medication You Need
Our team of doctors oversees your infusion chemotherapy medication. In addition, you are likely to be prescribed medications to take at home that are a key part of your treatment for cancer. In the past, you may have filled your medications and oral chemotherapy prescriptions elsewhere. Now, the New Mexico Cancer Center Specialized Oncology Pharmacy is here to provide you the same excellent level of care you expect. Our pharmacy team will help manage all your medication and oral chemotherapy regimens in order to achieve the best possible outcome, with the added convenience of not having to go elsewhere to get your medications.
Trust Our Team
Your pharmacy team understands all of your oncology related medications. We will work with your physicians and nurses to provide education, and monitor and prevent potential side effects.
- Our Specialized Oncology Pharmacy accepts most insurance plans. We can help with insurance approval and financial assistance programs to help lower the cost of your medication regimen.
- In some cases, your medication may require Prior Authorization from your insurance plan. (This is explained in detail right below this.) Our team will work on your behalf with your insurance plan to process a Prior Authorization.
What is Prior Authorization?
- Prior authorization is the review of your medications by your insurance plan before the plan approves coverage. The insurance plan wants to know if the medication is medically necessary and appropriate for your situation. If we do not get prior authorization, a medication may cost you more, or it may not be covered.
- Because standard requests can often take up to 15 days for a decision, in most cases, we file an urgent request which should take 24 hours for a decision.
- Once the prior authorization is obtained, we will verify that we can fill your medication. Some insurance plans require that your prescription be filled at a specific specialty pharmacy rather than at NMCC. We will help you through the process even if we cannot fill your prescription here.
Patient Assistance Program
We are committed to helping our patients get and stay on therapy. To ensure that patients receive the right amount of assistance at the right time, our patient assistance specialists work directly with the patient, provider of care and pharmacy to complete the streamlined applications and provide a rapid eligibility decision.
How Do I Fill Medications?
Our new Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system makes it easier than ever before to order your prescriptions. Call the number listed on the label of your prescription bottle to get started today.
If you prefer to speak to a pharmacy technician or pharmacist, just press “0”. Our pharmacy staff will collect basic information from you, including your address, your doctor’s name and telephone number, the name of the medication, and your insurance information.
We ask that you give us 24 to 72 hours notice to refill your prescription requests.
Our onsite dispensing clinic can help with all your prescription needs with prices that are comparable to any other pharmacy, with the added bonus of being able to obtain prescriptions while you are at the center for treatment, rather than making a separate trip. We can also provide assistance in finding you a foundation to help with co-payments for medications, or if you are eligible, contacting the pharmaceutical companies to help you get free prescriptions. This service is not available through mail-order or commercial pharmacies.
- Your name, your physician’s name, your date of birth and phone number
- Medication name, quantity, strength and the current instructions regarding how you are taking your medication
- The name of the person who will be picking up your prescription
Please remember that narcotics require a prescription. You can come to the office to pick them up.
When you visit the office, please be prepared to show the front desk staff all insurance and prescription cards. Copies will be made and scanned into your medical record to assist so we can properly process any claims for prescriptions. We will make every effort to assist you as fast as we can. We can typically fulfill prescription requests on the same day they are made; however, sometimes this is not possible. We ask that you anticipate your prescription needs in advance so we can provide your medication in a timely manner.
Many pharmacies do not carry the medications our patients need, such as oral chemotherapy, pain medication and the support drugs for chemotherapy. For this reason, we prefer that you fill any prescription your insurance will allow you to fill here at our dispensing clinic. This allows us to know that you go the right drug and dose for the right timeframe. It also alerts our pharmacists to check back with you on how the medication may or may not be affecting you.
Order Refills By Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
It is easier than ever to refill your prescriptions. Our new Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system makes it easy to request a refill on your prescriptions and check order status.
How do I pick up my mediations?
We are open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm for in-office pick up.
Do you ship medications if I live out of town?
Yes, we ship throughout New Mexico using one of our preferred expedited carriers. Specialty medications that have temperature-related stability and handling requirements are shipped in specialized containers.
|Hours:||Weekdays, 8 am - 5 pm|