Coronavirus - Additional Information for Patients
If you are clinical staff, please see additional information here.
At New Mexico Cancer Center, patient safety is our number one priority. While we remain open to patients, physicians and staff, for the sake of safety for everyone, we are not allowing visitors and family to accompany patients inside the center, except for rare circumstances that staff can discuss with you. We now have a new telemedicine program for our patients to help you stay home while getting care. All you need is a smart phone or computer with email. We will give you more information when you call us. We remain available by phone at (505) 842-8171, 24/7, for any questions, and for urgent and emergency care. Essential information is available at the top of our Front Page.
- Continue your medications.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Sing "Happy Birthday" twice while washing to insure that you are washing enough.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice social distancing at least 6 feet apart, which includes not shaking hands, avoiding large crowds, and halting all non-essential travel.
- Current CDC recommendations are to wear cloth face masks at all times when out of doors, or when unable to avoid close contact when indoors.
- Do not go to work sick, and expect the same of your coworkers.
- Please don't hesitate to ask us questions. We will always try to provide answers as best as we are able. Our phone number remains (505) 842-8171, 24/7.
- Thanks for your understanding. As always, please call our main number at for assistance.