Last Updated: Dec 4, 2020
Coronavirus - Information for Patients
If you are clinical staff, please see additional information here.
At New Mexico Cancer Center, patient safety is our number one priority. We remain open to patients, physicians and staff and available by phone at (505) 842-8171, 24/7, for any questions, and for urgent and emergency care. Please check this site for updated information about any of the things listed here. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe and well.
- Latest updates from New Mexico and the CDC, including actions taken by the Governor, can be found here.
- Visitors and Family. For the sake of safety for everyone, we are not allowing visitors and family to accompany patients inside the center, except for rare circumstances that staff can discuss with you.
- If you have fever, cough or shortness of breath or you may have been exposed to someone with Coronavirus, please call the NM Deptartment of Health Coronavirus Hotline at (855) 600-3453 to arrange a test, and then call NMOHC (505) 842-8171. Do not go to work sick, and expect the same of your coworkers.
- Telemedicine. We now have a new telemedicine program for our patients to help you stay home while getting care. All you need is a smart phone or computer with email. We will give you more information when you call us. Please continue to check this site for updated information
- Continue your medications.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear face masks at all times when out of doors, or when unable to avoid close contact when indoors, as per clear CDC recommendations.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Sing "Happy Birthday" twice while washing to insure that you are washing enough.
- Practice (social) personal distancing at least 6 feet apart, which includes not shaking hands, avoiding large crowds, and halting all non-essential travel.
- Gift Closet and Support Programs. For the health and safety of patients and staff, we regret that we are presently unable to offer our gift closet and support programs.
- Questions? Please don't hesitate to ask us. We will always try to provide answers as best as we are able. Our phone number remains (505) 842-8171, 24/7.