Artists Submission Page
Gallery with a Cause at the New Mexico Cancer Center (NMCC) is one of the largest contemporary galleries in New Mexico. Art is displayed in the public areas to create a healing environment for our patients, and to provide morale for our staff and visitors. Sales raise money to help cancer patients with their non-medical living expenses.
Shows are changed every three months and an opening reception kicks off each show. The shows are advertised in local publications and also through e-mail, social media and postcard mailings. After the opening, artwork can be seen by appointment, but hundreds of staff, patients, and others view the artwork daily.
The artist receives 60% of the proceeds from the sale of their artwork. The other 40% goes towards the New Mexico Cancer Center Foundation (that portion is a tax-deductible donation for the buyer). Once the work is in the building, it is fully insured.
Important Note: During the current coronavirus restrictions, the First Friday ARTScrawl Receptions are on hold. We will update as new information becomes available.
Spring show: Movers and Shakers – Artists Who Teach, Lead and Inspire
Exhibition dates: March – May
First Friday ARTScrawl Reception: 1st Friday in March, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Summer show: On the Rise – Artists in Early and Mid-Career
Exhibition dates: June – August
First Friday ARTScrawl Reception: 1st Friday in June, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Fall show: The Architecture of Beauty
Exhibition dates: September – November
First Friday ARTScrawl Reception: 1st Friday in September, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Winter show: The Art of Healing - featuring works by cancer survivors or artists who have been impacted by cancer in some way.
Exhibition dates: December – February
First Friday ARTScrawl Reception: 1st Friday in December, 5:30 – 8:30 pm